welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Sunday, January 20, 2008

SUNDANCE 08!

That's right. Todd and i had the wonderful opportunity to attend a Sundance Film AT Sundance in Park City. Yesterday my friend Kay called and asked if Todd and I would like to join her and fiance Matt at the show...they unexpectedly got extra tickets. How nice are they?!? We own then big time. Todd and I had such a good time with them...they really are just one of those couples that just fit...CUTE!

Back to the event....Kay and Matt live in down-town Park City so we parked at their home and walked down Main to take a trolley to the Eccles Theatre...where we watched Sunshine Cleaning. The movie stars Amy Adams (from Enchanted and the Wedding Date) and Emily Blunt (the mean receptionist from The Devil Wears Prada). Emily Blunt was actually at the theatre to introduce the film. I think that's the closest I've ever been to a star!

Can I just say that I absolutely LOVED this movie. Why can't all movies have that indie, character-centered, rooted feel? Ah! It was so good! It was the story of two sisters weighed down by childhood burdens who become crime-scene cleaners to make a buck. I was so touched by their struggle to overcome their past...it was almost as if healing was within being ordinary. This was one of those movies that shows ordinary in and extraordinary way. Obviously, I was very touched by the movie and absolutely loved it.

Following the movie, we walked around downtown star gazing of course! We didn't officially see anyone, but we saw this beautiful woman getting out of a vehicle with an entourage....someone said it was Naomi Cambell but who knows!
We then went to the Red Rock Cafe (I think) for linner. I'm told Jennifer Aniston has dined there (I'm such a sucker for stars). The food was so good! Todd said it was the best BBQ Pizza he's ever had (and he's had a lot) and I had a delicious Cob Salad.

It was such a fantastic day...aside from the great movie, and yummy food, it was just lovely being amongst the arts! It was the first movie I've ever been to that people actually waited until all the credits had rolled before leaving. The director also answered theatrical questions about the movie after....I love watching people speak about their passions. Maybe I'll be a film critic in another live :)
This says it all

Emily Blunt is the one on the left

On the TrolleyKay and IWaiting for the movie to start...!

0 comments: