Sunday, January 31, 2010
I think when I look back over your first year, I just might say 4 months is my very favorite month (following that yummy newborn stage of course). I get the fun, interactive rewards of having a real baby, but also get the cuddly baby fun as well. (sorry if that makes no sense). In a matter of days, you went from a baby baby to a real person. I say we left for Christmas with a baby and came home with a kid. I think the theme of this month is fine-tuned. You're not doing a whole lot of things different than last month, but they are incredibly more fine-tuned. I feel like you're my very best friend in the world. My little partner in crime. We do everything together including, working (yes you insist on sitting in my lap while I work on the computer), sleeping (we have our little cuddle moments in bed each day) and eating (you get hungry the minute a meal is ready). I worried that I'd get bored with you after the newborn phase was over (terrible I know) but it just seems equally as lovely each new month. Just yesterday, it occurred to me that lots of things will be fun and anticipatory for the rest of your little life. It helped with being sad over your changes. Would you believe that I actually miss you when you nap for a long time (and by long I mean 2 or 3 hours...you've never lasted a minute over 3 hours)? You are just everything that is beautiful in this world. You give me peace. hope for the future. Here's some things about you
- You can hold up your head completely now. It bobbles about at times but you're very strong
- You are sooo close to being able to sit up without help. You can with a tiny bit of support
- The sound of plastic crinkling freaks you right out.
- What was once indifference towards Ty has turned into inquisitive interest. You watch him dart from place to place with big old eyes.
- You go cross-eyed when things get too close to you or overwhelm you.
- You recognize other babies
- You pull on your socks when I'm changing your diaper. My little yogi in the making.
- Sleep patterns are still erratic. You sleep up to 7 hours some nights and then others you wake every 1.5 hours. It makes no sense. Some days you don't even take a nap. I've done everything short of "crying it out" but nothing seems to help. I stick to a routine quite well, make it dark, rock you, sing to you ,etc. But the bottom line is, you sleep when you want-and you sleep like a bipolar.
- You have REALLY found your voice. We call you chatty kathy. You talk constantly and I just love it.
- You went from little laughs here and there to full on belly-giggles on a regular basis. Throwing you in the air always elicits a good giggle episode.
- You love grabbing at things. Anything that passes by you piques your interest and must be touched. I think you have really good hand-eye coordination.
- When we were in Idaho you got a killer butt rash (due to acidic poops..more on that later) but it hurt so bad when I changed you it took your breath away. You would gasp and then sob. And so would I. It was the very worst thing ever.
- You enjoy the sound of your finger nails scratching things, including the side of your bed in the middle of the night. Not cool sister.
- Sometimes you get so excited at things you literally scream! I had to take you out of relief society due to this the other Sunday.
- You're vain girly. You love watching yourself in the mirror. We always have a good look after the bath and you laugh and smile at yourself.
- You have very strong kicks. You've learned that these kicks send splashing water all over the place in the tubby. You get a kick out of it. I get soaked. Your zip-up sleep sacs are now too confining for you.
- You very much enjoy pony rides
- Still kinda bald. I put moose on your hair the other day and it cracked me up watching the curls spring into place. Just like moms.
- When you've slept well, you STRUGGLE to wake up. You grunt and moan, and stretch. Trust me. You get this from dad.
- You now look tired when you are. You rub your eyes (so adorable) and they get red and droopy.
- You might be a big foot. I just bought you 6-18 month socks that are too small. Your feet are maybe a 1/2 inch smaller than Addys. Good luck with that lovey.
- You are just now getting into 3-6 month clothing. Don't know why you're so small! You're mature face makes you look bigger I think but you're just tiny.
- You're not the biggest fan of your car seat these days. It's kinda troubling as you bawl the minute we put you in it.
- You love your jumpy jump. You spring from place to place in it. Cracks me up.
Obviously, you're perfect and beyond lovable. I love....the soft buttery touch of your skin. My heart melts when you wrap your little hand around my finger. Your palms are a soft I've never felt before...the way your whole body lights up when you smile....being greeted with coos and a smile in the early morning...and (secretly) love how you calm the minute I pick you up.
To steal a line from grey's,
I made you from scratch
Thursday, January 21, 2010