welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Social Learning

This Friday Todd and I got the once-in-a-lifetime, will-never-take-it-again opportunity to experince what it must be like to have triplets! Okay, not exactly but close. Todd's brother asked us if we could tend their two kids, Angie and Lilli while they went to a buisness meeting. Then, my sister and her husband asked us if we could watch Elise while they went out for her birthday. So we thought, why not? It really was quite fun. No major disasters! We got happy meals from McDonalds, played dress up with all my jewelery, got serious with polly pocket, and tried on all 35 of my lipsticks (or, as Angie calls it, "Lips").


What was interesting was the social learning. Angie, while younger than Elise is potty trained. When Elsie saw Angie get on the big girl potty he just watched in utter awe. I definately think there was some social learning going one. I find the influence of humans, even at such a young age so facinating. Did Elsie want a hamburger? No, not until Angie did. Did Angie want to watch Dora? No, not until Elsie did. Did Lillie know she could jump up and down on the couch, and have fun until Angie did? No. You get the picture. We take cues from others and learn social norms so early on in life! Not sure if this is good or bad, but it certainly is interesting.


The evening was a blast! It did however, make Todd question his abilities as a father. I have not doubt he'll be great.







Little Princesses!!!!













Lilli








Todd even got to join in the DRESSING UP!!!












I bought them sweaters as a bribe to like me


Lastly, we had fun Thursday and Friday with my sister Jenny and Elsie. Thursday after work we got Rumby's to-go and Cheesecake Factory to go and came back to our apt to eat and watch a movie. It was really fun. Then, I quit work early on Friday and went shopping with Jenny. It was so fun! We both got some really cute stuff. Jenny got a hot new hair cut so she needed the duds to go along with it. I'm so luck I actually like spending time with my sister. She's the best!

1 comments:

Aubree said...

What cute nieces!! You're ready for one of your own... or three!!