welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Monday, June 1, 2009

And the cat came back


Ever heard that song? "
And the cat came back-the very next day. We thought it was a gonner but it just wouldn't stay away"? Well, I'm replacing cat with stupid UTI. Dumb thing is back-or never really went away. The funny thing is, because so many UTI symptoms mimic preterm labor symptoms, by the time I get the word that everything with the baby is okay and that it's just my dumb body again, I am so releived and grateful that I can't even be mad about it! Nevermind that I am, as my friend Mckell puts it, "pissing razor blades". Nevermind that I rush to the bathroom every two seconds just to dribble out nothing. And nevermind that I have killer back pain. She is alright. My ever trusty sister/nurse dipped my pee last night-found the protein and the blood and all that good stuff and had em call in a prescription. It's nothing to mess around with since it can trigger preterm labor. I'm just happy we caught it *fairly* early (it's already in my Kidneys which is not great but oh well). Now I just have to remember to take the damn pills FOUR times a day. Honestly. I have sympathy for old people.


While I'm on the baby parade...two weeks ago we got a call from my drs office saying we had to come in for another ultrasound. I of course freaked bc that usually means there is a possible problem. Well, turns out there was just not any really good views of the heart and spine the first time (I thought we saw all kinds of stuff but what do I know?!). So I got to spend another 15 mins with my gal on screen. After she took about a gazillion pictures, the tech assured me that her heart and spine look really good. What a relief. Talk about ups and downs 24-7.


And one last update...I freaking gained 10lbs in three weeks. No lie. Before that, I had only lost weight. Yep, I'm finally getting the courage to admit..I feel wonderful!!! I've been oddly superstitious about this whole sickness thing. It only took 21 weeks but I feel devine. Man I forgot how great it is not to be hurling or thinking or hurling all of the waking hours (and some sleeping hours). The scale is proof. Obviously though, I've got to chillax or I'll be the size of a small RV by the time this is all said and done. Anyway, there's the skinny. Stupid cat.

2 comments:

Amber said...

oh man girl. I would have ulcers from all that worrying. Im glad everything is looking ok. Whats your due date? Dont worry I only gained. about 60lbs with Gavin. no joke. And sad to say I have never gotten back to my pre-baby weight. Oh the joys!

Amber said...

ha ha you're so funny. And I can't get that cat song out of my head. So I want to get prego so bad but the weight gain scares the crap out of me. I feel like I'm going to gain like 5o pounds. Anyway, I don't know why it just freaks me out