welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

For Father's Day...

Todd got an early present...to feel/see his baby girl! Two nights before Father's Day, I was sitting up in bed and felt some serious kicks so I pulled up the garms to have a look. I told Todd to look at it and he responded by saying I was crazy (I had literally spent half the day trying to get him to feel her and he couldn't-so he was discouraged). Then he went whoa! He saw the ripple of a kick. So then he reluctantly put his hand on my belly and felt her 3 or 4 times. It was so funny cuz each time he acted shocked by the force behind those bad daddys. I think we have a little linebacker on our hands. I was delighted to prove to him that I'm not crazy (at least in that sense). For Father's Day we went camping up Yankee Meadow (more on that later) but this is what else Todd got....

3 comments:

Aubree said...

I remember the first time Michael felt Thomas kick and move. I think we spent the entire evening just sitting on the couch watching him put on a show. I remember it looked like popcorn popping in a popcorn maker. Such a sweet memory! I'm so glad he got to see and feel it, what an awesome father's day present. As for the shirt, I think you should burn it!! hee hee

The Price Family said...

What a cute Fathers Day present for the daddy-to-be! I haven't blogged in quite a while so, it was nice to catch up on yours! Your nursery ideas sound adorable! I can't wait to see the finished product, I'm sure you agree! So, where was the house that you liked? I know you work in St. George, so I wasn't sure if you were looking there or staying in Cedar...? I'm glad to hear that your puking has diminished, and whew, before you know it, she'll be here!!! BTW, have you picked out a name yet?

shereesa said...

That's so exciting, you're making me want to be prego again! I remember steve was so annoyed of me by the end cause I was constantly telling him so see and feel her move. crazy that you are already more then half way! Oh and some fun news, Dan's wife is prego too! He just announced it I think she is like 10 weeks or something. Anyway fun fun to have all these little babes running around.