welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Friday, January 15, 2010

Christmas Eve

We spent Christmas Eve at my mom's house with the traditional ham dinner, acting out of the nativity, matching pjs, and reading of a new Christmas story. I kept asking Lyla who was coming tonight but she didn't respond. She was however, pretty excited by all the hub bub. The best part of the evening was definitely watching the little munchkins act out the nativity. Lyla was baby Jesus, Addy an Angel, Elsie was Mary, Callie, Joseph and Melissa, a wise man. It was the most adorable nativity I've ever ever seen. The angel was quite unruly, Jesus had a case of the hiccups, and the wise man had a bit too much eye liner on, but it couldn't have been cuter. I love my baby Jesus. That night, Santa/Todd surprised Lyla with a pink microfiber chair. I've been eyeing this puppy since Thanksgiving. It was quite the surprised when Lyla and I came out of her bedroom to find it under the tree! I can't wait for her to sit in and read. Santa also brought all of her gifts that night and filled her stocking. We also read a book, I bawled, and then went to bed. Happy first Christmas Eve sweet girl.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! Lyla is just a doll. I love her Christmas jammies! I tried to find some cute Christmas jammies for next year that have been on clearance, but nothing was very cute. Hopefully I can find some cute ones like those! I love the antlers.