welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Well. Christmas came and went in a complete blur. The whole month of December was so fun for me with the anticipation of Lyla's first Christmas. She could hardly wait herself :) We also had our first Christmas in our home. Christmas Eve night, Lyla gave mom the best present a mom could receive; 7 whole hours of sleep! Ahh. We woke up and asked Lyla if Santa came. She smiled like "of course, I've got you suckers wrapped around my little finger". We walked her out to the tree to find all of her loot. I showed her every single thing. After she starred meaninglessly at her gifts, we headed to my moms to open presents with them. Lyla was slightly overwhelmed by all the hustle and bustle but I know she secretly enjoyed all her gifts. She even opened a few gifts herself. Todd and I also made out like bandits. I gave Todd a camp chef and he gave me an IPOD nano. My mom gave us tons of nice things including a TV stand.

Uncle Zach brought Lyla back a mu mu from Hawaii

Grill Box for his Camp Chef
First Christmas
_____________________________
After we opened gifts with my family, we made the looong trek to Idaho. Lyla slept til Ogden. It was lovely. We stopped once, then I hovered over the carseat once, and then we were there! Lyla loved her first trip to Idaho as did we. She met some family members (including several, much-adoring cousins), spent many-a lazy days in the rocking chair with Grandma, and was introduced to REAL winters. We had a great time introducing Lyla to the rest of the family, spending time with everyone, eating a lot, and enjoying some quality relaxing time. We gave Todd's mom a webcam for Christmas and she got to SKYPE his sister in Georgia. It was so fun. Lyla had her live Internet debut for them. We stayed for almost two weeks.
_________________________

Todd found some of his old clothing. Yikes










_____
We were also in Idaho for New Years. We went into Logan for dinner. Meet "The Kitchen Sink". A killer ice cream dessert. Lyla SCREAMED something fierce when everybody yelled happy New Year and blew their noise makers. Not so happy for her.
_______________




Her Christmas Collections. Would you believe I was worried if I had bought her enough?
Merry Christmas and Happy 2010 sweetness. Thanks for making
2009 the best year of my life.

1 comments:

Amber said...

Ok, if I have a girl you have to tell me where you got her clothes! She is adorable in every pict! And you are the best mommy blogger! You put me to shame!