welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Envy


In the words of the trailer-inhabiting, decorative ship-envying chika from Napoleon Dynamite
"I want that"
I've had my reservations about The Kindle but after one of my fellow book clubbers brought hers to show and tell, I am sold. They are brilliant. I want one. bad.
While I'm one the book club train, allow me to plug The Help. It was such a great book. a character piece that highlightS the residual oppression that exists between the color of our skin. Good stuff.
Other books we've read..

3 comments:

JadeLuckMoney said...

I love that you belong to a book club, and am mildly jealous at the same time. I want to know what you think of those games, because with the exception of "The Help" and "Olive Kitteridge" I've wanted to read the others.

Amber said...

ME TOO! Nathan has one and I am jealous. Have you read the Hunger games. Im addicted. Im one book 2 right now.

Sami said...

I didn't know that you are in a book club! I have been secretly wanting to start one or join one or something?...