welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Jazz Game




The 1st weekend in November we headed up north for some fun. Todd went to the BYU game with his cousin and Lyla and I went to my friend Kay's baby shower in Park City. It was a such a fun girls trip. Lyla and I did some mad shopping on the way too. Little did we know, the weekend was going to get MORE fun. Shauna called on a whim (not even knowing we were up north) and asked if we wanted her Jazz tickets! They were row 20-ish, lower bowl. The players looked GIANT! I'd never been to a pro basketball game, let alone one with that good of seats! Shauna was even nice enough to watch Lyla. I was a little worried because I pretty much never leave her for enjoyment purposes (I'm driven by guilt okay?), and it was going to be probably 3 hours. So when they went into overtime I was ticked. I know, I know, I should be enjoying the game but I was ready to get back to my babe. And guess, what? They went into DOUBLE OVERTIME. I just sat their biting my nails. Finally, I said to Todd "We're out of here at the end of this overtime no matter what!". He said "okay, it's only one of the best games of the season but okay". Nice play huh? Luckily the game ended and we won! It was a great night out and a fun weekend. Lyla did well until the last 1/2 hour and then I guess she lost it. See? Stupid Overtime. haha.

3 comments:

Charles Family said...

Love Lyla's cute Halloween costume!!! I'm glad you guys had fun at the Jazz game. I always love going to those.

Amber said...

I love going to games! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

shereesa said...

Your little girl is so cute! So are you pregnant? I thought so with your Christmas card and then you have a prego tacker so I'm assuming yes?