welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Sunday, March 6, 2011

30+ weeks



Here is the one and only prego picture I have. Taken around 32 weeks. Anyway, here's some other updates about this baby


BOY OR GIRL??


That is the question...we are still trying to answer. My office does an ultrasound at 30 weeks. When we went in the tech said she wanted to double check gender because she looked back at our images and felt the genital shot wasn't very clear. Hmmm. She looked and looked and couldn't even get close to the genitals because she's in the breech position and the anterior placenta doesn't help. We left with "hope it comes out a girl". YIKES! Did I mention the PINK room is all set up? And the PINK clothes are all washed and hanging in the closet...NON refundable?

HOLY HAIR?

The first thing the tech said at this ultrasound was "wow, look at all that hair!". You could see it flowing around. Obviously, we NEVER heard that with Lyla, lol. I guess that wives tale about heartburn and lots of hair really is true. Cue the worry that this baby is going to have more hair than Lyla.

HOLY CHUBBY?

The tech also said this babe is about 1.5 lbs bigger than average babies at this gestation. I have also been measuring a little on the big side (but within a normal range). My doctor later clarified that she is actually at the normal weight..in the 60th percentile. That was relief.

Either way, this baby seems different from Lyla in about every possible way. Lets hope they share the same goodies though, because I'm a planner. and I didn't plan for blue.
We'd love HIM just the same though I guess. So here's to just over 6 weeks and counting....

5 comments:

Charles Family said...

Oh hey baby!!! I love this cute pregnancy picture of you!!! Such a cute shirt too. Where did you get it? I'm so happy for you and this new little baby, whatever the gender might be! :)

Kristi said...

Your soo cute!! If it ends up that it is a boy, then... I will Totally help you redo stuff, the best we can!! I cant wait to see her/him You make the Cutest babies!!! Loves

Amber said...

Love the prego pic! You look so cute! So happy for you Chels

Luke and Bridget said...

You are so adorable! I am so excited for you! What a wonderful blessing! :D

Amber said...

You look fab! I want to see you guys! maybe we can make it up there for a little summer trip.