welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Going Home

Dear Lottie, I cannot tell you how excited I was to take you home and begin our new life as a family of four. The only thing enjoyable about this hospital stay has been having uninterrupted hours of being able to hold you on my chest. Gosh I love that feeling. I could hold you for days and days. In fact, aside from a short 4 hour stint in the nursery right after I had you, you've been camped my arms. Dr. Sanders (Heath's partner) came the first night and the next morning and remarked that it looked like we haven't moved at all. I slept the whole time with you in my arms. You are so beautiful. I simply love your sweet face and yummy smell. I sent Dad home to sleep and you and I just enjoyed each other. Aside from your loveliness, my time in the hospital wasn't nearly as enjoyable as it was with Lyla. I was just so beat after delivering in the middle of the night. It seemed I had just gotten to sleep when the whole slue of people started coming in for the morning routine. After all the blood was drawn and the other procedures, we started having visitors. I hardly got any sleep that day but enjoyed showing you off. I especially enjoyed when your big sister came to visit you!! She was so excited to see you and said baby. I cannot tell you how special I felt to Dr. Neilsen saw you and said you looked great! You have no problem outputting plenty of wet and poopy diapers. You are such a great nurser I can't even believe the difference from with Lyla.

0 comments: