welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Transitions

We finally have some concrete plans for the next little while (we don't like anything too permanent)....we've decided to move to my hometown, Cedar City. Todd was offered the Forest Service Job he applied for several months ago. We had convinced ourselves it was a no go since we didn't hear anything too promising for sooo long, but then we got official word last week that it was a go. The job is too good to turn down and I can work at my job anywhere that has an Internet connection. Plus, we will be living in my sister's basement apt for dirt cheap. The plan is to do that for awhile to save money for a house. Another pro is obviously being close to my family...especially because Jenny will be having a baby while we're there! The cons? We have to be there in two weeks! I was planning to take the licensure exam in two weeks, which makes life REALLY stressful...in fact, I'm currently diagnosing myself with some type of anxiety disorder to practice for the test. Wrapping up everything here, packing, and studying and taking the exam may not all happen, but I trust that it will all work out. Here's to living in two states and four cities in less than two years! Cheers!

5 comments:

Amber said...

Wait What? Jenny is prego? How exciting. That girl needs to be blogging this!

Michelle Kelly said...

Chelsea,
What a crazy life!! So are you looking for a social work job down in Cedar City? and what is your current job on the internet? I am also studying for the licensing exam and am WAY stressed out! Let me know if you are using any good study tricks. I need all the help I can get.

Michelle

Michelle Kelly said...

Here's my e-mail rmichellekelly@gmail.com. I am the exact same with the practice tests. I hardly know anything, I feel like. I would get 50% also and wonder how I am ever going to pass this stupid test. Shoot me an e-mail when you get some time.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Todd - congrats on the job! chelsea... you better not be thinking you can leave before I see you, deal? lets all go out to dinner or something!

Anonymous said...

Todd - congrats on the job! chelsea... you better not be thinking you can leave before I see you, deal? lets all go out to dinner or something!