welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Adjusting

So we've been "moved" now for going on five days. I say "moved" because we're definitely not settled in yet. I'd say we have about half of our things unpacked with the major things left being the entertainment center and most of our bedroom stuff. The major set back is that I'm insisting on painting and touching up a bunch of things before we assemble them etc. It seems that most things survived the move. The only casualty? My new red sectional. It won't fit down the stairs. They will remain in the garage until we move. I cried and am still not over it. As far as the adjusting thing... it's going pretty okay. I definitely have had some existential crisis over returning to my home town. I cringe each time I see an old high school buddy or what have you. I don't know what my deal is. I feel like I'm in a giant fish bowl 24-7. I am too. I see everyone and their dog everywhere I go. I also think it's been a bit odd for Todd living essentially with my family. All in all, though, it's been pretty good. It's been really great seeing my family so much and my sister has really welcomed us into their house. Also, our apt is ginourmous compared to our old apt. That rocks. Todd started his job today and thinks he will really like the work. However, he got word today that he may have to spend nights away from home on certain jobs...that was definitely a huge bummer and we're not quite ready to acknowledge that. Despite that, he has every Friday off and we look forward to some good summer trips.

I guess the take-home message is that, like most things, the move has been a mixed bag with the goods mostly outweighing the bads.

Moving was such a bugger. Due to scheduling conflicts and lack of planning Todd and I packed and loaded the majority of our things, including the giant sectional all by ourselves (I felt pretty buff after)
***this is only one portion of the crap***.

I never realized how much crap we had until we filled Todd's truck, my car and a mid-sized U-haul full of junk. Man I need to become a minimalist bc that was pathetic! I've never been so bloody tired.

Other random note: around Grad time my sister surprised us with a night's stay at a condo in Jeremy Ranch. It was so stinkin fun! We got food to go and watched AI. Then we just stared at our amazing view! For Mother's Day we visited Todd's mom and fam. It was such a nice getaway and was really fun to spend the time with his family. It was however, kinda sad bc we felt like we were saying goodbye. We'll miss being able to zip up and visit! Ty loves his grandma

Until next time!

2 comments:

Amber said...

So, sad about your couch!!! Jenny has such a nice house, its really great your guys can live there.
What a great idea for a grad. present.
Spencer had every other Friday off and it is the BEST to have those long weekends.
I think I convenced Jessica to start a blog. When she does I'll let ya know.
:)

shereesa said...

That's crazy that you have moved already! So are you going to work at that place that had offered you a job? I feel for you about your couch, we once spent an entire afternoon trying to get our furniture to fit, it's so frustrating!