welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Monday, September 8, 2008

good friends. good food. good time

This weekend I learned a great pearl: marriage is about bargaining. As you all should know by now, Todd is obsessed with BYU football. Much to his chagrin, the cable service we have down south does not carry many of the channels that air the away games. I had intended on being strong and MAKING him listen to these away games on the radio in lieu of other, more expensive options (k-you have to agree that's fair--we have season tickets!! We're going to away games!!). Well, Thursday night a number of things happened that changed that 1)Todd's truck broke down and 2) Todd spent a good 2 hours exhausting every option for getting to watch the game (i.e. asking friends, watching a live feed via Internet). Exasperated, he said pathetically, "I just feel like my life is caving in on me. My truck is broke (Todd has a bizarre bond w/ whitey, his teal pin-stripped grandpa truck) and now I can't watch the game". Well, that was it--I called my mom and asked her to up her cable to another tier (at the cost of 20 bucks) w/ promises of course to pay her for this month. I guess my brother benefited from Todd's pathetic-ness as well. Please note however, I didn't do this without getting something out of it. Todd promised to help me clean before the game. Our house has been in serious need of some attention. So-- the picture below is of Todd cleaning the toilet. Note the computer in the background--that's him listening to the pre-game show. Is there any hope for my husband? Seriously. This is a problem. I guess we all benefited; I got my clean house-he got to watch his game.




On another note. Why do I have a dog again? When I had my ankle/bee sting issue I was doped up on some serious drugs. I guess that's why I didn't hear Ty trying to wake me up in the middle of the night to take him out (note, Ty NEVER wakes his father--only me). I woke up to this... okay the picture sucks but basically I can only hypothsize that Ty cocked his leg and pissed on the fan. It had a lovely yellow lining. wow. Oh, and I got a new laptop for work. Also while I was an invalid, Ty stole the box and shredded all the wrappings. I picked up two bags full of foam and cardboard. seriously. What is with the men in my life?!


Now for the fun part. Saturday night we went with Brooke and Raul (Brooke is my friend from birth practically) to dutch oven and stay the night at her grandpa's cabin! Although the prep was a bit tedious, Todd rocked the dutch ovening (now doned a verb) and we had lots of fun siting around the camp fire and hanging w/ B&R. Thanks guys! You're our favorite unmarried married couple:) p.s. I hope you enjoy the pics of us w/ the nature background. Who needs to go outside?







1 comments:

Jessica Littlefield said...

Hey, thanks for the compliments you left on my blog. I will start checking your blog too, since it is great!

So I have to comment on this....your picture of you in a U. shirt while covered with a Y blanket? Priceless!