welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Monday, September 29, 2008

At odds with life?

I take it back. I am not just at odds with the animal kingdom. Todd and I at odds with the world in general. I don't know who we pissed off ; God, Karma, or what but in the last week the following things have happened to us:

  • Mice chewed through the quill wires on Todd's truck while it was parked at the forest service shop. It cost $170.00 to fix bc all the spark plugs had to be replaced too.
  • Ty became possessed by some damn thing and decided he would like to be a consumer of cell phones. I just got a new phone first of August. I usually get the cheap free phones but this time I decided to splurge and get the fancy touch screen kind. My touch screen now has tremor-looking cracks down it and obviously does not light up anymore or work. I also now have 1/2 inch-thick teeth marks in various places and my battery doesn't really stay on. Luckily I got insurance but my deductible was $50.
  • Our keyless entry stopped working mysteriously
  • We were involved in a hit-and-run just before we moved from SLC. Someone must have pulled too far into a parking stall and hit us right where our front hood opens. This week the paint started chipping and we're told it will rust and expose our engine etc. So it must be fixed and we have a $500.00 deductible.
  • Todd got a letter from the Federal Government saying "oops a processing error occured and we've been paying you too much since pay period_____ we are going to recoop $500.00 from your next paycheck". OH AND THE KICKER..."we're going to charge you 5% interest on that money". So we screw up- but we're gonna take 1/3 of your paycheck and charge you interest on it. ARE U KIDDING ME??
  • Todd would also add that he turned 30 this week

Seriously. Did I pick to be apart of this life because if so I want a redo.

5 comments:

Charles Family said...

That sucks Chel! I am so sorry about all of that. Possibly good news on the keyless entry. Mine went out on my old car and it just needs a new battery. I don't know how much they cost though. Hope things start going better for you.

Michelle Kelly said...

LOL! My husband and I loved this post because we felt like we were reading de ja vu. We had a week similar to that two weeks ago. It was awful!! I know you live in Cedar City but I was kind of in my own little world on the trip so I didn't think to stop by. We didn't have a whole lot of time to detour. But if I do come down to Cedar I will call you!

shereesa said...

That sucks, I swear the world has turned against everyone as it seems myself and several of my friends have has similar rotten luck lately. I guess the good news is the chain has to end sometime..Right?

The Price Family said...

Holy Crap! Yeah, so keep that bad karma over there - that is one horrible week! Although, it's good to see, in the midst of it all you still have your sense of humor!

Jessica Littlefield said...

It's a republican conspiracy. Blame George!