welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Monday, February 16, 2009

All you need is love

Valentines Day is fastly becoming one of my favorite holidays. Call me sappy, a sell-out, or vain, but I really do love it. Maybe it's because of this lovely tradition we have of going away somewhere romantic for V-day. Must be. This year's surprise was a night's stay at a bed and breakfast in Toquerville, called The Gardens. I'd actually been there before for a wedding and had NO idea it was also a B&B. It was also our first time at a B&B but it wasn't those cheesy types where you engage in activities and eat w/ random people. We had our breakfast brought to our room and holed up there for a day and half. It was so utterly divine. The room was absolutely luxurious. Aside from a trip into St. George for dinner (mmmm, Olive Garden), we just enjoyed relaxing and spending time together. The room didn't have a TV and we didn't even notice. I loved my beautiful flowers and also enjoyed buying random treats and prizes for Todd (seriously, what do you get guys for V-day?) and Ty even got a heart sucker made for dogs. It was perfect! Hoping the rest of you enjoyed time w/ the ones you love.
~The Room~










2 comments:

Aubree said...

How fun, I'm jealous. I want to stay in a place like that with no kids. Props to your hubby.

The Price Family said...

Gosh, ur room was gorgeous! Ok, I feel like a total tool. I had no idea u worked in St. George!!! Agh! Jason and I actually talked about going up to see you guys but after traveling up to St. George with both of the kiddies...to be honest, I had NO desire to go anywhere with them! I had my fill of crying and of them trying to bust out of their seatbelts like the incredible hulk!!! We'll go to visit again this year though and will hopefully come see you then!