welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Saturday, March 21, 2009

What else we've been up to

We've really been enjoying the warmer weather lately. I just love spring. It's so nice to take the dogs out to the hills without having to wear snow boots. Here's some of the boys also enjoying the warm weather.

Two weekends ago we took Callie up north for a college tour! She's interested in Utah State and the U and since both are my Alma maters, I agreed to offer the insider details of college life. It was so fun showing Callie Utah State. It brought back so many fond memories. Here she is on the 'A'.

Here we are on the 'A'.

Finally True Aggies!
After our Utah State tour we headed back to SLC for a tour of the U. We just had to hit up another Diners, Drive Ins and Dives featured restaurant, Pat's BBQ. It is absolutely a dive! We couldn't believe we lived just 10 blocks from this joint and never knew about it. The food was great but the character was by far my favorite (Todd really loved the food...BBQ is his favorite). They feature local bands on the weekends, display local art, and serve everything on paper plates! It was great. If you live in SLC, check em out! HERE.
Last weekend we took Elsie bowling. It was so much fun. She looked so cute in her little bowling shoes.

...And, for the last three days I have enjoyed the following little luxuries: 1) I wore flip flops 2) I wore shorts 3) I swam in an outside swimming pool, and 4) I laid out in a very luxurious little cabana, read crap magazines, and sipped caffeine-free coke. We just got back from two nights and three days in Mesquite! Todd was off for Spring Break and I've really needed (or maybe just wanted) a little break from work. Working all the time gets rough when you're also sick all the time (I know, I'm probably preaching to the choir on that one). I didn't take any pictures because I was too busy relaxing. It was so much fun. The weather was in the 80s the whole time. We slept in, ate yummy food, and did absolutely whatever we wanted. I guess contrast in all things really is the ticket. Not puking so much and not waking up to snow or 80 billion MPH winds felt like pure heaven. Ahhh. mini vacations are the best!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for taking my cute girl bowling. She loved it! You guys are the best.