welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Monday, March 23, 2009

We officially started the 2nd trimester this week! It was a grand entrance-met with gut wrenching puking that started this morning in the shower. Although I'm a little TICKED that yet another "truism" doesn't seem to be so true, we couldn't be more excited to say farewell to 1/3 of our pregnancy. Now that the more risky days are behind us however, I am hoping the time will go by slow. I know that sounds crazy but I already feel like I have missed so much by being sick all the time and not fully enjoying this time. I'm looking forward to feeling better, having a fat(ter) belly, learning the sex (scheduled the ultrasound today...but not for 7 more weeks :(), and feeling the little bugger move! Today I got to hear the heartbeat on the Doppler radar for the first time. It took maybe 10 seconds for her to find it and it felt like the longest damn 10 seconds of my life! But then there it was beating stronger than strong at 130 BPM.

When we went to SLC two weekends ago, I bought my first prego pants. I don't need to wear them yet but I was still pretty excited about it. In the Motherhood store, they have a little fake belly that you can strap on to see how things will fit. I kept posing in the mirror and saying "awe so cute". When I told Todd I wanted to steal the fake belly he rolled his eyes and exclaimed "I knew you were gonna say that!". It really was cute though I swear. We got the new kind of prego pants that have that really stretchy skin-colored band that goes clear to the top of your stomach (not the blue elastic kind). They are meant to last the whole pregnancy and boy can they stretch! It's like NASA technology or something. So far, Todd and I have had more fun seeing how far we can get them to stretch than actually using them for the purpose they were intended.

Last week I took the glucose challenge (the test for gestational diabetes where you drink this nasty orange soda and then they draw your blood an hour later) and got all my blood work ups (I swear they took like 35 vials). The dr. says everything looks good so far! Can I just say though that the glucose challenge was one of the worst experiences of my life! The nurse in my office told me I had to be fasting for it so to go in first thing in the morning. What happens when you take a pregnant chick, in the morning, and make her fast and then drink a can of orange soda in less than 5 mins?! Hmmm, I wonder. PUKE maybe?! I guess my nurse was smoking crack that day because I DIDN'T have to be fasting! That would of made a huge difference but I was able to keep it down, I just had to walk outside and eat ice chips and suppress the gagging. I was determined not to have to do that bugger again (If you puke, game's over).

So that's about all. I am also TICKED that my little ticker (above) has not moved to the fourth month! I am in the fourth month now and I want the dang thing to show it! Oh, and wanna hear something cute? Our baby has fingerprints! It can also pee and if it's a girl she already has eggs in her ovaries! Our baby is so cute. That's all.

p.s. are my parenting capabilities now called into question after my pregnancy post was headed off by none-other than Bart Simpson? Probably huh?

5 comments:

Charles Family said...

Chels,
I freaking love you. You say the funniest things that make me laugh out loud most of the time. I love that you wanted to steal the belly from the store (only you)!

The Allen Family said...

Chelsea, CONGRATS!!!!!! So excited for you!

Chandi

shereesa said...

So I have been a blog slacker and just read about you being pregnant. I totally cried, that's right, I'm sitting in my office crying! Any way I'm so excited for you!! Congrats!

JadeLuckMoney said...

Um, I think you are a cooler parent for being able to quote the Simpsons at such a timely moment. Really, when you think of the intellectual humor and paradoies that they pull off it's pretty incredible! :)

Amber said...

Chels I want to be prego so bad!! And when I read your post I said, "I want stretchy pants from the belly store!" I can't wait til it's my time. Oh and we better see some belly pictures!