welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Moments

It's funny how seemingly unimportant moments can hit you unexpectedly and remind you of just how beautifully amazing that moment is, making it monumental. This day, at the Washington City Park was one of them. I was putting sunscreen on Lyla for the first time. In that moment, where we were less than two years ago suddenly came flooding back to me. I was just struck by the fact that there I was, sitting there putting sunscreen on the beautiful chubby rolls of a baby I wondered if I would ever have. I am forever grateful for her, and these experiences to remind me to treasure every moment....

...p.s. Thanks for dealing with me waxing philosophical from time to time :)



2 comments:

JadeLuckMoney said...

I love your blog! I read it all the time :) Your baby is beautiful, and I love when you "wax philosophical" because it reminds me why I need amazing people like you in my life. Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

Charles Family said...

Cute outfit Lyla! Someone who loves you and doesn't get to see you nearly enough (only once) must have gotten that for you! :) Chels, I am so glad that you have your sweet baby girl. I am so excited that things are working out for the both of us despite the struggles we have gone through. I guess we can take solace in knowing that because of our experiences we will probably love our babies more than anyone else in the whole world loves theirs. :)