welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mexico: Numero Dos











Our first real day in Mexico. We "slept in" (if you can count 6 hours sleeping in) and then hung out in our fancy digs while my mom, Todd and Kenton venture to Wal Mart. I'm told it was a cultural experience of its own. Todd said they had a worker designated to fanning flies off the baked goods. They also have a whole Torillaria inside. They did their best to find food we recognized that we could eat for the remainder of our trip. It mainly consisted of baked goods (hopefully fly free) like crossants and real tortillas, salsa that was weird, refried beans in a bad (weird but so good), Mexican cheese (so good I wanted to die that I couldnt' eat it) and torilla chips.
When they returned we anxiously set out for the pool. We spent the rest of the day there. We were lucky not to feel too much jet lag but relished relaxing after the hellish day traveling. The humidity took getting used to. As you can see, my camera struggled with it as well. The pool was the perfect remedy.
The resort was just what we needed. I have mad love for the lazy river. I spent some solid hours in there with Todd and Lyla in her floatie. She loved it as well. Laying out at the pool, with an amazing view of the ocean, jumping in the lazy river when you got hot, etc. etc. was simply the picture of relaxation. I felt like a queen. Lyla also had a ball. There was a shallow swim area that she and I would sit in and slash around. Jenny's kids loved the splash pad part and the slides. We were pretty excited to spend the next 5 days there.
Did I mention we bathed in sunscreen?!

1 comments:

JadeLuckMoney said...

Love these--especially the curly hair picture! The older she gets the more I swear I see you in her.