welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mexico: Numero Tres

Day 3 in Mexico was very chill. We didn't even leave the room until mid afternoon. As you can see from the above picture, we didn't need to with our lovely soaking pool just outside our bedroom door. We enjoyed a lazy morning (me, with my head in the Hunger Games--read both books in 4 days) and then went to the pool to enjoy the lazy river AND chips and guacamole with an ice cold coke . On our way there, we passed a GIANT iguana that really quite freaked me out. It was the size of Ty! People were feeding it. In the evening after it cooled down, we went for a walk on the beach. Todd was nice enough to pack Lyla in the byorn for me as I was feeling a little sun burned on my shoulders. The beach was hardly populated and very clean. It was fun to watch Lyla take in the ocean. You could tell she didn't quite know what to make of it. When we got back we made burritoes with the beans in a bag we found at the store. They were suprisingly good! The salsa was weird though. Hanging out in the room in the evening was fun. We played cards and relaxed on the comfy futons. The floor was made of marble so we used the giant futon pads to make a soft barrier for Lyla. She wanted to go EVERYWHERE. It figures that she would learn to crawl the week before we went on vay kay.
Lyla and I had the same problem with the humidity......








0 comments: