welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Thursday, September 15, 2011

ahh motherhood

Baking with the kids "helping" is always an adventure but today was particularly comical. Lyla decided to dump her mixing bowl full of cereal (ya do what ya gotta do to keep her busy) on the floor. While i was sweeping that up, she cracked at least 3 eggs over the counter. So there i was, frantically grabbing things using my arms legs, and boobs., rushing so I could get screaming Lottie out of the bumbo. All the while smashing Captain Crunch beneath my bare feet. Did I mention I forgot the butter softening in the microwave? A little while later, Lyla had a code brown in the tub where she was washing a quart of finger paint off every inch of her body. I watched it all happen helplessly sitting on the toilet nursing Lottie.

.and i burned the cake.

1 comments:

Charles Family said...

Oh Chels, I love you!!! It sounds like your day was quite an adventure. Isn't motherhood the best? I hope tomorrow isn't so full of action for you!