welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bear Lake

Just three days after returning from Mexico, we repacked our not-so-empty bags and headed north to Bear Lake for the Gambles family reunion. With another 12 hours of driving under our belt, we're really pounding the pavement. Anyway, we had a great time. The best part had to be the AMAZING cabin we rented. I'm already plotting a way to stay there again. It rests on the hillside surrounding the lake, with gigantic A-frame windows. Obviously, the view was majestic from just about every vantage point. I loved the back deck and most of all, the hot tub. One night it was pretty cool outside so we hopped in that puppy at dusk and basked in the glorious view!!! The weather the entire time was also just perfect; not too hot in the day and almost jacket weather in the evening. Of course, we also had a wonderful time spending time with the fam and catching up! We love you family :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So here's the DL on these pictures. The truth is, I'm sick of looking at Todd and I's faces on this bloody blog. If I'm sick of us, I'm sure the rest of you are. I started this blog in part to journal our lives but also to talk about things that matter!! Lately, I feel like I post picture after picture of our cheesy couple pose; I guess bc we've being doing a fair amount of things this summer...but it's got to STOP! Now, like I've said; I am an addict. So, I won't abstain from those pics entirely but I am sick to death of them for now. So, while these pics may be random, at least you don't have to look at our cheesy grins (that much).

p.s. all the pics of the lake were taken from our BALCONY!!



















1 comments:

Charles Family said...

So Chel I love you! I love all of your pictures and I am actually very jealous that you can stand to take your camera with you. I hate to carry the dang thing with me so I NEVER have any pictures to look at afterward. Bear Lake is beautiful isn't it? Anyway, I miss you and think that you need to move to Logan instead of stupid Cedar because I can always find the time to drive a couple of hours for the weekend to come and see you!