welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Pioneer Day

Yay for Pioneer Day. We hope all you Utahns (and/or Mormons) out there had fun celebrating our heritage. It seems ironic to me that most 24th of July traditions (including ours') consists of indulgence; gluteonous eating, fireworks, recreation, etc. Going without food, loosing a limb or walking without shoes seems like more of a tribute, but WHATEVER! I'll take any excuse to celebrate- and I imagine our ansestors would rather it this way. Moving on, We had a fun 24th; BBQ'd with the family and had a little firework show. I was sad at the parade bc Todd had to WORK (damn governement-JK) but, I got over it and we enjoyed ourselves in the evening:)




0 comments: