welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Tick Tock

Todd turned 30 on Saturday. That's all I will say. Nothing I said or did pulled him out of his depressed stupor. Don't worry though, I will remember this and remind him of it when I flitter off to Eastern Europe as retribution for my 30th b-day.


I did however, make a valiant effort. You should all know by now that his gift was a hefty one; a trip to Denver to see his favorite pro and college team back to back. That would make you smile on your b-day right? HA! (he did of course smile, cry and acted down right gleeful when I first told him about the trip (months ago:)-but not today)


Todd woke up to 30 black balloons...courtesy of my mother and a sign from me that said:

"Honey, there's truth in a saying and here's how one goes....

30's the new 20!!!!!!

Here's 20 reasons I love you to erase all your woes"


For the rest of the day I left him little sentimentals everywhere with a small (or semi large) gift to go with it. Tender I know. Some of my favorites were


"you have the cutest bum...but here's a belt so only i can see it"

"you love Dr. Pepper so much but order coke for us to share when we go out bc you know I like it more but don't want to pay for it"

and more cheesy stuff

After the cheese was exhausted we went up to the mtns to look at the stanging leaves (his request oddly enough) and then ate dinner at Milts Steakhouse...the best steakhouse in the area so I'm told. It rests beautifully up Cedar mtn.
Note his sweater...that was one of the gifts. I got it on last year's fall clearance. Does it not so scream "I let my wife dress me?"

Happy b-day my love

1 comments:

Ted Gambles said...

We forgot to call and wish a happy birthday! 30-shmirty. I'm approaching 50!