welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas in the Canyons

We went to Christmas in the Canyons at Tuacahn last night. Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband, Peter Breinholt, and Sam Payne all come together and play Christmas and Seasonal songs. When we went to Thriller, I read about it and remarked that it would be fun to go (after all, we are Peter B groupies [seen him 3 times in 3 years]) and surprise! Todd's ever perfect-self suprised me with tickets. Although it was minus two billion, I had such a wonderful time. The truth is, I haven't felt much like celebrating this year... been kinda on the pity party parade, but this concert definitely put me on the upward Christmas-cheer spiral. Sitting in that beautiful canyon listening to acoustic guitars was quite the idyllic experience. I very much appreciate the raw talent and sound these performers put out. Thanks to my better half for a much needed night out on the town. After the concert, we went to Spoon Me for some fro yo (yes i just said fro yo). Hooray, St. George finally got a Spoon Me. The frozen yogurt and fruit topping is so very divine.






1 comments:

Jessica Littlefield said...

I'm jealous! We're big Peter Breinholt fans, as well as Ryan Shupe. I'm glad you're feeling better.