welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow Day

Knocking on wood does NOT work. Just two days before the GIANT snow storm, I said to Todd "don't you love winters in Southern Utah?" Ha Ha. Weather Gods, one. Me, zipo. I always like the first snow storm though... when everything is white. fresh. new again. We had a great time in the snow. It started Saturday and pretty much hasn't stopped. Over the weekend I kept thinking of the line "Since we no place to go....". And no place we went. Except to the base of the canyon by our house where we let Ty loose to play in the snow. Who knew he'd be such a snow dog! Later we went to my mom's to let Brucie and Ty play in the snow and Melissa remarked that Ty looks like a bunny when he runs through the snow...it's so true and so funny. He bounds. Bruce-not so much...picture a snow plow.







lookin sexy. Todd kept making fun of my bitchin sweats and 700 layers. I may have had purple fuzy socks on top of pumpkin socks. It was hot.




Needless to say we (and by we I mostly mean Ty) had a great time playin in the snow. Actually, we had a great weekend. Although the snow hampered a much anticipated "girls night out", we made up for it. Saturday morning we went and saw Australia for the hospital's party (they rent out the movie theatre). Australia was fantastic. I definitely recommend it. Then, we ordered in, let the snow fall, and watched ELF!

1 comments:

Charles Family said...

I love that you compare Ty to a bunny in the snow because we always call maddie a deer if you can't tell by her pic. You should dress ty up like a bunny and I'll put the antlers on Mad and we can get them together. That would be a sight. Ok so I'm a dork I know but I'm glad that you guys had a good weekend and I hope all is well in your world. Miss ya Chel!!!