welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Farewell Summer....

Normally, I'm quite sad to bid farewell to Summer. It always goes too fast doesn't it? I am sad to say goodbye to the outdoor activities, vacations, and summer food. That being said, I could not be more excited to welcome Fall this year! I always love Fall anyways....love Halloween, leaves, and the cooler weather. This Fall, however, is going to be maybe the most special Fall we ever have. How often can you say that? So...with this post I bid farewell. Here's some farewell summer things I never posted about.....


A trip to Sand Hollow Reservoir
It was cold and windy but we still had fun. I love swimming pregnant....weightless:)

A few trips to Scott and Shauna's Cabin up Provo Canyon
Some of my favorite summer memories have been there over the past couple years. It is heavenly. About a month ago, we walked the trail to Bridal Veil Falls. I love the walk. It was a hot day which made wading in the falls lovely. Ty of course loved it was well. We were suprised how far into the water her got (the diva does not swim and hates cold water).
Two weeks ago, we go to spend some time up there with Todd's sister Kristy, who lives in Georgia and her son Jordan who's now going to BYU. It was a wonderful impromptu-family reunion.
I'm posting these pictures with the intent to show how really great I look...hot and pregnant.

The Mudd Bogs
As part of the Iron County Fair, Parowan hosts a lovely event where people (feel free to insert your own judgmental adjective here...redneck, chauvinistic male....) take their respective vehicle (4 wheelers, dirt bikes, vehicles) and try to get through a giant mud pit without getting stuck. If this makes no possible sense to you think of a pissing match with bigger and better.... equipment. We went with Brooke and Raul and had a GREAT time. I loved it.

0 comments: