welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Monday, August 31, 2009

36 weeks

Disclaimer: this post won't have belly pics yet bc my picture taker is a traveler now. Adandoner.

Anyway, how many times can I say, I can't believe we're ____ before it gets obnoxious?! Seriously though. Less than a month. Next week I'll be considered full term. YIKES! Things have been going quite well. I'm not at that "I'll do anything to be done" phase yet and I've been feeling pretty good overall. I hardly pray to you know who these days which is nice (but I think it makes the sick times harder-like I really start to realize how not cool it is to want to die 90% of the time). I'm now to weekly appointments and not really diggin the whole "checking" idea each week. Thanks but no thanks. Last week I had the step B test and those who have had it will understand what I mean when I say there was a little surprise there at the end that was quite disturbing. At least I had warning from my ever trusty nurse friend Mckell and nurse sister Jenny. Really though. The Dr also did this crazy Indian burn type thing to my belly and estimated that she weights 6 lbs! I was a little concerned about that. Chunky monkey!! However, the dr. assured me several times over she's average weight. Still though... if they're supposed to gain .5 lbs a week then we have a problem don't we?! No thanks on the 8 pounder (I was one...and so was Todd). I am happy to have her be fatter than too small of course. Plus, she might as well get used to being on the fat side...she has no hope. haha ok. I'm done. Major changes since 30 weeks......


  • Disgruntlement with clothing. Last week I cut the stretchy band out of one of my pants in a fit of rage. Pretty bad when the stretchy pants aren't so stretchy anymore. Nothing fits! Last week I when I was folding the laundry I noticed the ratio of yoga/pajama pants to work pants/jeans was like 20:1. I have no shame these days. Black yoga pants masquerading as black slacks? Fine by me! Every time we're getting ready to go somewhere Todd says "go get yer yoga pants on and lets go". I tell him to suck it.
  • Swelling. My whine about the thankles was so just the beginning. I have paddles not feet. My flip flops are TIGHT on my feet. My toes look like sausages. It's hot let me tell you. The other day Todd said to me "you better take those socks off before you split them open like the hulk". That always makes you feel good.
  • Decreased tolerance (or perhaps non-existent tolerance). A few weeks ago there was an incident with a can of sloppy joe mix. I was using Jenny's kitchen and could not figure out her fancy smancy can opener. I had a rage moment. Todd came upstairs to me, face-down on the table, and a mishaped can with various holes in it. Next to it lied the not-so-fancy-anymore can opener, a few other "tools" I used (like a knife), and sloppy joe mix all over the counter.
  • Last time we were in Salt Lake we were grabbing some goodies at Smith's Marketplace. The checker looked at me and said "my you look ready to pop any day!'. I surprisingly kept my mouth shut but gave her a look that clearly stated "say another word and I will eat you". I should also mention the "subway incident". Last Saturday we got busy and I waited too long to eat. We were in town and I snarled at Todd to "just pick a place to eat because NOTHING sounded good to me". He chose subway. Oh if he only knew. It took 20 minutes for us to even get to the drive through window. Apparently drive throughs aren't the best idea for sandwich places? I was so sick. I "threw up" on Todd...verbally. "why the hell did you pick this place" "you had to have known it was going to take forever" "who wants a damn sandwich anyway". And I'll stop there. Since that time, anytime I show any hint of frustration he comments "is this going to be like subway?" He also says his stomach turns every time we pass a Subway. Not my finest moment
  • "The Worm". Her movements have changed quite a bit in the last few weeks presumably because there is less room in there! Todd calls it the worm. You can just be sitting there and watch my stomach rise and fall in this slinky weird way. Kinda like a snake slithering through the sand. Todd calls it creepy. I of course think it's adorable. The other day I was sitting on my couch talking to my friend and she was like, "excuse me your belly just moved". Yep.
  • Burrowing. This is a term we've always used for Ty. He LOVES snuggling his little body in the crevasses of our body (like spooning) all night long (it was cute when he was a puppy but not so cute anymore). Little did we know our daughter would be the same way. She likes to burrow under my right rib. I've had a number of people feel it and there is no doubt either her butt or her head is nuzzled right under my rib. It's so comfortable. Oh wait, no!
  • Acid of epic proportions. Who knew waking up in the night gasping for air because you basically hurled acid was something people actually experienced? It's something let me tell you. I don't get it very often but when I do I'm up every half hour because I've basically puked in my sleep. Lovely picture huh? I try to eat good things at night and not too late but it's kinda hard when you're a puker like me. Go to bed on an empty stomach...count on dry heaving in the morning. Tums don't do crap.

Sorry my highlights are always bummer things. I don't put them as complaints but rather funny little tid bits of pregnancy that I want to remember. I'd take it all 100 times over. There's been lots of great things happening this last week as well. I washed and folded all of my baby clothes. It was so fun for me. I imagined her in each and every thing I folded. I've never folded anything so meticulously in my life. I also had a baby shower which I'll post more about later. I got so many cute things I could just die. I imagine her more and more everyday. It's still so crazy to me that an actual human life will come out of my tummy in less than a month. Thats all for now! Pictures to come (hope you have a widescreen).

4 comments:

Aubree said...

I can't believe you are 36 weeks!! That is awesome. It's flown by for me. I love hear about your adventures of pregnancy. Congratulations, you've almost made it. Any intentions of induction?

Unknown said...

Your highlights may be "bummer things" but they make me laugh so hard! I'm always saying to my husband, "Listen to what she says here..." and we both just laugh ha ha. So thanks for entertaining us! I'm so excited for you guys, I can't believe you have less than a month left!

Amber said...

haha I love you Chelsea. I need to see a belly pic!! Right now!

summergibbs said...

Oh crap! I laugh my butt off every time I read your posts. I love it because you sound so much like Trent and I. He is all calm and relaxed and I'm yelling at him for something totally out of his control....it was mostly when I was pregnant with Sloan, but some of it has carried over. He even asked me one day why I was so mean being pregnant with Sloan and I wasn't mean when I was pregnant with Breck. And I had a ton of people tell me I looked like I was going to pop or they would ask me if I was sure it was only one. I actually told this lady at Wal-Mart "no, but that's so nice of you to ask." I hope she felt dumb! Anyway, good luck with everything and I will be checking and checking until I get to see some pictures of this beautiful little bundle of girlie joy!