welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Sunday, December 6, 2009

The giving of thanks

Well. Thanksgiving came and went. We celebrated the holiday with amazing food, my family, and that warm fuzzy feeling of being safe, grateful, and happy. Lyla very much enjoyed the delicious food second-hand. I'll try to spare you some of the sap that seems to accompany my life these days but I have to tell you what a complete viseral/humbling/overwhelming experience it was to be faced with my turn to state what I am thankful for in that yearly tradition I hate so much. How could words sum it up? Is there a time limit on this game? Can I keep the tears at bay? The answer was no across the board.
*******
waking to little feminine lips turned up. conversating in coos and goos. my new tiny companion. tiny finger nails. the smell of baby. singing soft songs. dancing w/ my girl. light curly hair. lazy mornings w/ my new bed partner. chubby legs. nuks. a warm home. cozy covers. long hot showers. bathing a tiny nakey babe. the cutest/protective dad. a loving family. a supportive sister. jobs. savings accounts. leave of absences (until March baby!). great friends. my new best friend. my old best friend. and most importantly...the end of football.
.to name a few.






0 comments: