welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Monday, December 14, 2009

Still got it?

Perhaps I can do the work/mom thing afterall. It's been a worry (not to be revisited until I really return back to work...March 15th),
We've been working on a protocol for service provision of homeless youth for quite sometime. In fact, I participated in an impossible-to-reschedule conference call with legal and child welfare experts on my very hospital bed after giving birth (note: I really haven't work more than a few hours here and there since). BUT, the protocol needed to be rolled out and my supervisor frantically asked me to do it as it was too overwhelming to her. I do not exagerrate when I say I literally wrote this puppy while Lyla was on the boob. I figured, it won't impact her either way If I work while she does. It was a labor of love (mostly due to the conflicting legal and ethical ramifications).
It got some press HERE
Maybe, just maybe, I still got it.

0 comments: