welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's beginning to look...

And feel a lot like Christmas. I have thoroughly enjoyed doing the Christmasy fun activities with my new little companion (and my old big companion). Having a house seems to have increased the Christmasy joy as well. Lyla has...

Visited the Festival of Trees
Bundled up to play in the SNOW (ish)



Wrapped Christmas Presents (and listed to Pachelbel..classical training)
Decorated the tree!
-Before-
-During- Hanging the topper
My little assistant (sleeping on the job)
-After-
We decided to do a BYU tree (the Christmas card photo will be of us in our BYU garb...even Ty). I made various ornaments by taking BYU stickers, etc. and putting them on blue and silver ornaments.


and last but not least, read Christmas books

About five seconds after this photo Lyla decided a book about a Christmas candle was dumb and threw a giant fit.

A few night ago I busted out the violin and played Lyla some Christmas songs. She listened contently. It was fun.

0 comments: