welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Friday, June 18, 2010

A little Park Action








Who would've thought putting my little cutie in a swing, and watching her eyes light up as the bottom of her tummy tickles her each time she sways past me, would give me such utter joy? The simplest things are so much fun with her.
Jenny and I switch off one day a week babysitting each other's kids (there's got to be a better word for this right?). This day I took the kiddos to the park. A brave/super dumb adventure. Right when we got there Addy pooped, kept running for the street, and resisted help off the giant slide. Then Lyla wanted to eat of course and had her own poop. Oh, and then Elsie informed me that she had to pee..bad (no potties of course and we walked there!). How do moms with tons of kids do it?! I take on grandiose plans every time I have the cousins like finger painting and book day where we stacked all the books we own on my big bed and read for nearly 3 hours. Fun, but stupid.
It's been great to spend some time with Addy and Els and give Lyla some cuz time. They are both so cute with Lyla. Addy walks around pointing the whole time she's at my house saying "lyla" in a cute sloppy way. They already play really cute together. I never had any close cousins so I hope Lyla will always. Jenny and I have also *tried* (you know you it goes) to institute sister day, where we spend and afternoon a week together doing something like go to the park or what have you. We never fail to do lunch once a week either. Life in Cedar is good.

0 comments: