welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lyla does CA




























May 21st-22rd. We made the loooong drive to Southern California for my cousin's wedding. We, or Jenny, Melissa, Zach, my mom, Lyla, Todd and myself ALL squeezed into my mom's pilot Thursday night after everyone got got off work and drove all night to California. We went with light bags and the hope for warm weather only. Hope Shmope. It was bloody cold! I swear we have the worst luck.

Despite that, the wedding was lovely and, most importantly (kidding) had amazing food (buckets full of different candy including caramel covered apples, dips and yummy fresh fruit). The theme was Alice and Wonderland (thus the pics with us in front of the giant tea cup). They had vials that said drink me and cookies that said eat me as center peices, her flower girl was dressed as the chesire cat, and there was cool themed decor as well. I'm making it sound weird but it was very cool.
The rest of our time in CA was nice too. It was super fun seeing most of my mom's side of the family, and we enjoyed swimming even though it was kinda chilly. Another great highlight was getting to see my friend and old college roommate! Tiffany moved to CA 3 years ago and had not met Lyla yet. She came out Saturday and spent the day with us. I miss her and loved seeing her.The road trip part was pretty fun too. Lyla was SUCH an angel. I was shocked (sorry baby), but she cries in 5 minute car rides sometimes more than she did that whole trip. She slept the majority of it. I sat next to her so we just watched Baby Crackstein and played and she was totally chill. It was awesome.