welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Monday, June 14, 2010

Our beautiful flowers
The flower garden (now overloaded with perennials we didn't know were there!)

Part of our new concrete pad (it extends on the other side about 10 feet)

Hard workin! Thanks to my dad and Zach who did the skilled part

somewhere there is a photo of Lyla's little handprint in the concrete


First lawn mow!

Best supervisors ever

Our old, sad dead tree (it took A LOT of work for Todd to uproot the bugger and plant the new one)

We worked hard too!


"WE" have been keeping ourselves busy with springtime home improvements, etc. As you can see, Lyla and I help immensely by supervising on our nice comfy lawn chair, while Todd does ALL the heavy lifting. I kind of sucked at getting all the good pics but "WE'VE" basically, planted our flower garden out front, replaced a dead tree with a beautiful red-leafed flowering pear tree, and extended our concrete pad to make room for some patio furniture and a play house (giddy about this!). "WE" also painted the front door (it truly was purple), the majority of the walls in our house (we had the worst paint) and put up some vinyl in our front room (I actually helped with this one). I will post pictures of this eventually. I love Todd for being patient with me and indulging in my every whim.


We really have loved having a home to do these kinds of projects on. I guess we're officially old, and enjoy the roots we've put up. I'm rambling a bit now, but I just have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE having a home. I guess all the dumps we've lived in are good reminders of how nice we have it now. honestly...doing laundry is a cake when you have a washer and dryer! Oh, and two bathrooms is like seriously a must have when you live with a smelly man. Did I mention that I feel like a rockstar when I open my garage and PULL right in?! Oh, and an actual STOVE AND OVEN! Went without one for almost 2 years! Having a fancy smancy room for Lyla tops the list, along with a front yard (and soon to be backyard) for her to play in, AND having a guest bedroom for family to stay (we've already had lots of visitors and welcome many more). Perhaps I'm easy to please but seriously, having a house is the bomb.com. And now I'm done.









0 comments: