welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Monday, February 21, 2011

Christmas Day 2010

Christmas 2010 abbrev.
sticky candy cane cheeks. the awe of snow globes. glee Christmas music [booty shaking]. "oh wows". retro pink kitchen. oreo bon bons. run cake. giving partially unwrapped gifts to all the family. teeth/slobber marked wrapping paper.
Christmas Morning (NOT abbrev.)
Taking her little hand and walking down the hall towards the hall [my] anticipation building...a memory I hope to hold in my brain forever. It was clear she wasn't quite sure what to think. Why were people standing in her room with cameras? I think she got it when she saw the new shiny kitchen and table and chairs. I had built up how much she would love the kitchen since she loves the one at my moms. So which one did she go for? Oh yea, the cheapo table and chairs I nabbed on Black Friday. hahahah. After she had climbed all over the table and chairs, she of course took in this new kitchey. How cool the doors open to find little tiny toys inside. She even raised her hands in the air and said "oh wow!". Oh wow indeed Lyla babe. Best Christmas Ever.























































After we did the Santa thing, we went to my mom to open gifts. Tearing off the paper had to be Lyla's favorite part. She was also pretty excited about her lap top, pink vans, baby doll(s), baby bed (which is totally to die for...with a working mobile), purse, and necklaces.
















Baby Doll, shmaby doll. She wanted in the bed!

Playing later that day....:)























0 comments: