welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Sunday, February 6, 2011

The ultimate pump fake

Just before Thanksgiving I went in for my standard Dr. Apt and slipped in a little whine that since the ultrasound tech is out of town, I will have to wait until AFTER Black Friday to learn the sex of this little babe. Tragedy, I know. Sooo, My nice doc offered to take a peek for me later that day. We were So excited. I think I was more antsy to learn the sex of this baby than I was with Lyla (I was too wrapped up in worrying about her being healthy..that sounds bad but you know what I mean).
Anyway.
Probe on belly...deep breath...silence..."Looks like there's the scrotum".
I heard a little girly giggle from Todd and we both smiled at each other, "no way!"
A BOY?!
Guess this babe was sitting right on my cervix (or something) so doc said lets do a quick vaginal ultrasound to get a really good picture. Ugh. I change, not five seconds later he says, "I can't believe it...but the baby flipped".
Another 20 minutes (while Lyla cries thinking I'm hurt) and the doctor says "I'm not quite sure anymore".
We left with a "pretty sure" guess it's a girl. Talk about pump fake!!!
5 days later we learned we're having a GIRL!
I know it was tough on Todd and who can blame him? All guys want a boy no? I can't tell you how excited I was however, to learn that I get ANOTHER amazing little girl. Little sisters. Little best friends. Little matching dresses. Little mean fighters. All those little girly things that they'll be together. I swear, there's nothing like girls.
That's the story of this baby's big reveal. The dr said she's stubborn. I can't wait to meet her. I've already bought matching dresses.

1 comments:

Amber said...

Oh it will be so nice she will have a sister to steal clothes from. LOL. Sorry I have been out of the blogging world. But been thinking about you tons. Hope you are doing better this pregnancy :)

And btw come visit us!!!!