welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Friday, February 25, 2011

Gambles Christmas Party & New Years






















































We went to Idaho for The Gambles Christmas Party & New Years. Just Dance II was probably the biggest hit of the get together! As you can see, everybody, even Grandma Bet, had a good time shaking their booty. I still can't hear Katy Perry's "Firework" without thinking about Jaydon (cute little blonde cousin) rocking out to it. He knows every move! Lyla had a BALL with all her cousins. In fact, I think she's been bored ever since. She ran around with them ALL day long and cried when I would make her go downstairs for a nap (even though she would literally collapse in exhaustion).
Other highlights of the trip were of course spending time with the majority of the family, good food, and SNOW. One Saturday we rented snow mobiles for the day and went sledding. I think Todd was most thrilled about this adventure as the sleds were super powerful. Lyla...not so much. We went for a little ride and she did okay. THEN we went to the top of a hill to sled down and she FREAKED. You can kind of tell in one of the photos. Luckily she learned to like it the second go round and enjoy a little sledding with dad. When we got back, we put her in some snow to play and she bawled. I think it freaked her out to see so much of something semi foreign, as our snow doesn't stick around like that. Either way, it was a good experience for her to have :)
We also got to celebrate New Years with the Gambles which was great fun. I bet you can guess from the pictures what Lyla's favorite part about New Years Eve was? The necklaces :) She collected all her cousins'. She didn't cry this year when the noise makers went off either :)
2010 was good to us
Lyla turned one
We learned we'd be welcoming #2
I quit my full time job and got really great contract work
Todd did a billion little home improvements
Lyla went international with us
lots of other great things I can't think of

0 comments: