welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Christmas Eve 2010


I'm learning that holidays get more and more fun as Lyla grows and can understand things more. The whole holiday season has been so much fun with Lyla...dancing to Christmas music, hanging candy canes on the tree (or mostly eating them off the tree) and helping make yummy treats. We celebrated Christmas Eve at my mom's house with everyone. I couldn't help but feel like I did as a child, anticipating what was to come the next day. I guess that's the magic of children. Lyla loved opening the traditional gift of pjs with her cousins. I would say she tolerated the acting out of the Nativity. She played Baby Jesus again this year. While she was small enough to do so, she certainly wasn't docile enough to do so! She did pretty good letting Elsie hold her like a baby though.









The Nativity
(note the Angel holding her star :)














First she has the Popsicle...Now she doesn't! lol

"Secret Santa"

Todd finally got his wish for a Banana Chair (ugh).



When we got home that night we let Lyla open her gifts from us. It was so fun having a little Christmas with just our little family. Mainly, she opened gifts to go inside what Santa was bringing her





Stab the doll

Then love the doll...hahaha


Then we put Lyla to bed and set out assembling Santa's toys. What would I do without Todd?


Ta DA! This little bugger was a beast for Todd to put together. It was in a zillion pieces and took these itty bitty screws. Thank goodness he is so handy. I just had to hold things for him to screw but I was exhausted by the time we were done, which was at 1am. We officially feel like parents :) I could hardly sleep thinking about walking her into her room the next morning to see what Santa brought.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Ok let me just be honest YOU ARE TOOO CUTE!! and Lyla melts my heart!! A-she is always dressed soo stinking cute, B-she is sooo funny, just this tinny thing with all this personality, C-I LOVE LOVE LOVE that kitchen!! Its soo cute and Kinda retro I LOVE IT!!!
D-I love your ugly sweaters!! LOL and I LOVE YOU TO DEATH!

Charles Family said...

I am so glad that you are FINALLY posting about the holidays!!! (not that you don't have anything else to worry about....being a mommy, working, dealing with pregnancy, preparing for the baby, and being a good wife) Lyla is so cute! It makes me sad that I have only seen her twice in her entire life! :(