welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Traditions, Fuzzy Lamb Style 2011



DSC07589


DSC07590


DSC07591


DSC07593


DSC07595

Dear Lyla, there’s something about fulfilling old family traditions with you that make me feel oh so special.  This year, the lambies didn’t come to the land by our house so I went in search for others.  You’re in this stage where you understand that animals are a species different from you and you are very interested in them!  You get so excited and say oooohhh when you see any kind of animal.  I knew we had to keep up our Spring tradition of visiting the baby lambs so I texted my friend Sami and asked if she knew of any.  As luck would have it, her mom was nursing an abandoned baby lamb!  Not only did we get up close attention to this adorable little lambie but we got to feed him!  You were a little intimidated so I mostly did the feeding.  After, we walked around her farm and met horses and their pigs.  Oddly, you LOVED the pigs.  You giggled and pointed at them.  You were also intimidated by the horses but warmed up to the idea and even petted them.  Thanks for letting me have these special moments with you.  This made our third mommy and me date.  Lottie was going to come in the sling but it was windy so she slept on the couch in Sami’s mom’s house Smile 

0 comments: