welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Just over half way!

15 weeks
17 weeks
21 weeks
Another shot: 21 weeks
Craziness. We hit the 20 week mark last Monday. Part of me feels like I never knew a time without puking, peeing my pants and psychotic worrying. The other part of me feels like it was just yesterday we saw that beautiful double line. This has been such a wild ride...I have to recount some of it....
  • Of course the day we found out-such an amazing day
  • The day I bought my first stretchy pants
  • The day we told the family
  • The day we picked up our prescription prenatal pills-and felt special
  • Our first ultrasound-just a speck and it made me cry
  • The first night I threw up and we celebrated over it-man we were dumb
  • The day I started throwing up and never quit
  • The day I pee'd my pants for the first time and cried about it
  • The day I cried because I couldn't find my shoes (Ty had drug it under the bed)
  • The day I craved salt and vinegar chips
  • The day my boobs became planets
  • The day I started waking up 50 times a night to pee-and never quit
  • The day I had to pull over on the freeway to hurl
  • The first day I puked at work-and scared all my coworkers
  • The day I broke a bag hurling so much
  • the day I broke blood vessels in my face from hurling
  • The day we saw the heart beat for the first time-such a beautiful sight
  • The day we heard the heart beat on the doppler-such a beautiful sight
  • The day I thought it was all over-for the 100th time-due to a UTI
  • The day I thought it was all over for the 200th time-due to "endo-cervial pollups"
  • The day we saw her moving for the first time
  • The day I started having a pregnant waddle
  • The day girlfriend pinched my siadic nerve...ouch!
  • The day I felt her move for the first time
  • The day we learned she was a she!
  • And the day I bought my first pink outfit
  • ...Can't wait for many more firsts!!!!

Things I have worried about...

  • That I have that crazy cat disease that causes birth defects because Ty eats cat poop
  • That I have whooping cough/swine flu/you name it
  • That I got salmonella from peanut butter I'd eaten out of 100 times already
  • That I got my shower too hot and cooked the baby
  • That Ty gave me rabies because he caught a bat (he really did catch a bat-sick huh?)
  • that the bee that stung me sent poison into her
  • That Ty stepping on my belly and crushed her skull
  • that eating a poppyseed muffin would give her an opium high

...And the list goes on. I love you Poppy. It's been the most amazing 20+ weeks. Can't wait for the rest.

2 comments:

The Price Family said...

Ok, let me just say that I ALWAYS love reading your blog. U crack me up. The list especially made me laugh, because I've so been there! And unfortunately, my pschotic/paranoid worrying never stopped! Kiera's 3 and I still check on her before I go to bed to make sure she's still breathing! Seriously. I'm such a nut and I know it, but I still won't/can't stop doing it.

Unknown said...

Ha ha once I again I was laughing from the beginning to the end of this post. I'm so excited for you guys! And just so happy for you. My sister-in-law had her first on Monday (also a girl) and now I want to have a baby! Everyone is pregnant! :)