welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Monday, May 25, 2009

Zion

A few weekends ago, we decided the weather was just too nice not to take advantage of. So we high jacked my mom's park pass and headed for Zion. We've been wanting to drive through the tunnel that serves as a gateway to Bryce. It's basically a tunnel blasted through the mountain side. We were astonished to learn that it was built in the 30's. In the pictures below, you can see one of the three windows in the tunnel. After that, we just did a few small little hikes like the Weeping Rock hike. I'd never done it. I hardly call it a hike but the views were beautiful. We intended to just go to the water-in the Narrows (a standard hike we always do) but it was closed because the water level was too high! Instead we just sat by the river for over a half hour enjoying the beauty and nice cool breeze. I am giving my standard disclaimer on these pics as well....not feeling so hot in them. Look a little bit like walking death. Todd took the pictures as you might can tell-quite artsy!

















0 comments: