welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Lyla's first 4th of July

















The 4th came just one day after we got back from MX. Talk about jet lag! I insisted on doing the parade however, as it was Lyla's first Independence Day! I'd only had her dress for a month and her bow made on special order (I know, ridiculous). Lyla loved the parade. She lives for hustle and bustle. I was afraid the sirens would scare her (since the vacuum does) but she wasn't even phased. She screamed with excitement watching the kids chase the candy. I couldn't help but think that next year that'll be her! Crazy. After we went to the park and later went to the old stand by, Brads. That evening we ate homemade ice cream (we, minus me!) and watched the fireworks. Lyla gave them little attention but loved crawling around the grass with Addy. I'm grateful to live in American, especially after visiting another country.

1 comments:

Charles Family said...

So cute! I love her dress. I'm glad you enjoyed the 4th even with the jet lag!