welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Mexico: Numero Ocho









Our last day in Mexico we went for a walk on the beach, ate at McDonalds (they offer salsa on their hamburger) and then endured another 18 hours of travel. It was sad to say goodbye, but we were ready to get home. The trip home was easier in my mind. EXCEPT for when we arrived in Las Vegas at 1am and still had to drive the 3 hours to Cedar City. Crawling into our bed that night was amazing.
Lyla learned some things in Mexico....1) she is equally adored by Mexicans 2) She can eat solids and the cookie Carmellitas is especially good. 3) Limes are good! 4)she can poop sand 5)Sunscreen sucks but not getting sunburned like everyone else was worth it! 6)sweaty back is no fun!
Adios' Mexico!






2 comments:

Aimee said...

Looks like you guys had such a fun time. There is nothing like a great, sunshiney vacation. And there is nothing better than coming home to your own bed!

Lyla looks so darling in her swimsuit too :)

Charles Family said...

I'm glad you guys had a fun time. I would love a tropical vacation about now. I'm also glad I got to see you a few weeks ago. I can't be;ieve how big Lyla is getting. She's too cute!!!