welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Friday, August 20, 2010

One year older

I turned 26 on the 26th.
Pretty much since age 21, I've loathed birthdays.
Now I'm not sure why
Maybe because I felt like I was being thrust into adulthood for which I wasn't prepared.
I guess because this year has been so big for us, what with bringing a life into this world and buying a house,
for the first time in many years, I'm okay with getting older.
It's okay that the worry-free life of no responsibilities is behind me. It's been replaced with a much deeper and meaningful life.
With work and responsibility comes meaning, purpose and joy like I never known before.
Cheers to another year
I had a great birthday. Todd was at out of town for work so my mom and sisters took me to dinner and we rented a movie. I was shown lots of love by friends as well. They took me to dinner a few days later. One of my cute primary kids even brought me cookies. As did a surprise gifter! I've been thoroughly enjoying my Kandle (like for my Kindle), my food processor (best gift I've ever asked for, even if my fam thought it was lame), and look forward to the blanket my mom is making me. I felt very special

0 comments: