welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Mexico: Numero Seis

- Day 6 was about RECOVERY. We were spent from the day before. SO we chilled at the pool the whole day. I had a lofty goal of getting tanned or sunburned come hell or high water and boy did I reach that goal and then some! All trip Melissa had been calling me whitey mcwhiterson. It was true. All trip I stayed in under the umbrella or in the shade to be with Lyla. SO Melissa doing her duty to protect everyone's eyes from my whiteness, offered to watch Lyla in the hotel room for a few hours so I could get some sun. I laid out for 2 hours with no sunscreen. And I got toasted. On my legs and lower arms. After the roast, we came inside, made a play barrier for Lyla and relaxed some more. Tough life huh? Lyla and Addy were so cute together. Here's them tossing the ball. In the evening when we were fixing dinner (chicken burritos...we literally ate Mexican food every night) I was letting Lyla air out her bum, and she repaid me by pooping on the nice marble floor. Pretty gross. After a scrumptious dinner and the best cantaloupe ever, we hooked the DVD player up to our flat screen and watched Big Love (tv series we're watching on Netflix). I could hardly move most the night and cursed myself for being vain and wanting to get tan. Todd cursed me too because I complained a lot. All in all, it was another great day.









0 comments: