welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tradition: Fuzzy Lammy Style






*This post is sorely out of order*
There has always been things...events/stories/outings...from my childhood that I have a been excited to share with Lyla since she was born. Things that left a impression, however minor, in my heart or mind.
Visiting the baby lambs is one of them.
Every Spring, my mom would pack us kids in the van and drive us down to the fields (that just so happen to by less than 10 ft from my current house) to see that newly born lambs. I still remember thinking how cute they were--all fuzzy and awkward. It was just one of those seemingly small outings that has always stuck with me. I think it taught me that even as children, we mattered. That mom wanted us to experience some of life's little miracles. That we were worth her time.
So...this spring, I couldn't wait to take Lyla to see the baby lambs. I know, I know...she won't remember. But I will. Her first trip, of hopefully many, to see the baby lambs. Lucky for us, we just had to walk! It was windy and the sun was in her eyes but I still think she enjoyed it. She perked right up in the stroller when she saw them scuffling about. We watched them tug at their mommies and fight for a nuk (which made me happy our babies don't come in bulk).
Anyway, It was a special experience for me to share with my girl. I hope she always knows that she matters to me. That I want her to experience ALL of the miracles of this world.



0 comments: