welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Feeling Nostalgic

Senses are a funny thing. They can be so unimportant until they facilitate a memory or experience, making them so powerful. As winter has set in, I find my senses taking me back to a very beautiful place. Last winter, when I holed up for several months in my new house and loved on my snuggly newborn. Everything was so fresh..so exciting..so new. When the heat kicked on for the first time this winter, I was flooded with memories of Lyla and I by the sliding glass door watching it snow, or wrapped up in a blanket snuggling all day. It reminded me of all the emotions, feelings and experiences of those first few months being a mommy. The first time it snowed this year, I remembered late late nights when we'd be in the rocker watching the snow fall under the street light. It brings memories of peace and the warmest fuzziest feelings of nostalgia. I hope these memories flood me every time winter approaches as they will surely keep me warm. Babies really are the very best.

0 comments: