welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Ho’s

Yep, I’m posting about ho’s.  Horses that is.  Over the summer we randomly stopped on our walk to look at the horses (our next door neighbors are these beautiful horses) as they were feeding on the plants growing on our side of the fence.  Lyla and I started pulling the ones that were too far for them to reach and feeding them. This was the beginning of a beautiful relationship.  She got SUCH a kick out of this I can hardly describe it, she was so excited.  “I feed the ho’s!”.  Since that day we’ve gone and fed the ho’s about once a week.  This day we invited Addie and Jenny along.  Jenny was a fradey cat and Addie kept saying “be brave mom”  lol.  Addie loved it too.  Lyla’s really into farm animals right now, so I can imagine why feeding them is so much fun for her. The plants we fed the horses with have since frozen and died but we still go visit them weekly.   I *secretly* buy too many carrots and apples at the store so we have something to feed them. Lyla asks almost daily to go feed the hos, and the other day got into the fridge and brought me the bag of apples and said “feed the hos!”.   Crafty little one she is! But gosh I love seeing her face light up when they start approaching.  I can’t help but laugh as she summons her biggest voice to yell “mere ho’s!”.  When they arrive at the gate it’s such triumph!  She yells “there they is!”.  I feel particularly spoiled to have such wonderful neighbors.  These tiny pictures hardly show it, but these photos are so vibrant and not enhanced at all.  We live in such a beautiful place. 

 DSC09565DSC09564

0 comments: