welcome to my internet home. this blog used to be cool, with insights about mental health, social policy, pop culture and the like. now, it's a chaotic collection of my mis-spelled, scribbled-down notes on motherhood (who has time to proof read?). it's over-ran with goldfish cracker crumbles, slobery wet kisses, and un-edited pictures. and i would have it no other way. feel free to laugh and cry along side me while I balance a practice (mental heath) and motherhood, and their interconectedness

Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Penny Saved…

DSC09563

We’re going to Hawaii this year for a certain someone’s wedding (that someone isn’t officially engaged so stay tuned), so we decided we should teach Lyla the importance of saving.  HAHAHA jk.  We’re not that responsible of parents.  One day Lyla grabbed the laundry cup of loose change and I thought it’d be fun for her to put them in the slots of her penny bank.  Then after the fact I told her we were gonna save it for Hawaii.  She giggled and kept saying “my money!”.  Sad story, when she got done she took the piggy into the kitchen to show dad how rich she was and dropped and shattered it all over the hard floor.  She was so sad.  So we promised her an IRA.  LOL

0 comments: